If you are interested in supporting and volunteering with Bridge of Life, please visit our Volunteer Page to see current opportunities and submit an application.
Volunteers for BOL’s kids’ camps sessions usually include the following roles:
- Cabin counselors
- Kitchen volunteers
BOL’s volunteer selection process is based upon the needs of each specific camp session. Below is list of FAQs specific to the kids’ camps program. Please see the Volunteer page for additional volunteer information and FAQs.
FAQs on Volunteering for the Kids’ Camps Program through BOL
- PLEASE NOTE: BOL will only reimburse volunteers for the expenses below IF fundraising requirements are met.
- If you drive to camp, BOL will reimburse you for the travel mileage to and from camp IF the total mileage costs are less than those of a flight. BOL will not pay for a rental car.
- If you fly to camp, BOL will purchase your airline ticket and reimburse you for ground transportation (camp shuttle) to and from the destination airport and the camp. BOL will not pay for your airport parking, airport travel mileage or rental car. If you are flying to camp, and a hotel is required, BOL will cover the cost of your accommodations.
- BOL will reimburse your immunization expenses up to $300 per teammate. You can choose to pay for any shots on your own and then turn in your receipt for reimbursement OR cover these expenses on your own as a donation to BOL.
- BOL will reimburse you for any fingerprinting or expenses associated with criminal history reports.
- BOL will pay for a medical license if the camp charges you for this expense (the camp may choose to cover the cost of a temporary license).
- $250 for volunteers who drive to camp
- $500 for volunteers who fly to camp